Behold the first Colorado Hockey preseason podcast of the 2017-2018 season. In this episode, we put our final thoughts on the Big Z holdout, weigh-in on Spencer Martin, Alexander Kerfoot and the overall lackluster showing by the Colorado Avalanche (mostly) prospects in the first preseason game of the year. Then, we meander to the lovely world of rule changes and the NHL’s hazing of NHL coaches and players by way of random rule changes that seem a lot like drinking game rules. Check the show notes below for some links to the aforementioned awesomeness.
While we don’t speak of Geersten in this podcast, don’t think this little tilt went unnoticed. Way to Sherrif ’em up G.
Thompson didn’t last long in this one. #Avs pic.twitter.com/PTKfiBetoW
Sep 19, 2017, 7:35 PM
— Janik Beichler (@JanikBeichler) September 20, 2017
- Avs first round of cuts: https://www.nhl.com/avalanche/news/avalanche-reduces-roster-to-51/c-291131326
- New Faceoff rule explained here Stick-tap to jjoftheyear for the link.
- The new offsides rule http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/new-rule-adds-pressure-nhl-coaches-asking-offside-challenge/
- Show sponsor: www.avsfam.com – on Facebook – on Twitter
- Other Sponsors
- Subscribe to the Colorado Hockey Podcast on iTunes