- Darren Haydar at Hockeydb.com
- Haydar appreciates his career, wherever he’s played
- This guy seems really grounded and aware of how good he really does have it, even if he’s on a 1-way contract in a AHL team
- 726 AHL games
- He hasn’t been in the NHL since Feb. 10, 2010 — his lone game that season was with the Colorado Avalanche.
- Sara Haydar is a throat cancer survivor – Darren’s wife.
- @dhaydar20 on Twitter
Haydar has been referred to as the Crash Davis of the American Hockey League. He knows it and finally can laugh about it. — nhl.com
“It lets me know I’m playing a game for a living and there are people going through things in life that are a lot worse than what I’m doing,” Haydar said. “I get to play hockey for a paycheck.” — Darren Haydar
Subscribe to the Colorado Hockey Podcast on iTunes